Saturday, July 4, 2009

Snowman in July '09


(The snow is just a pile.)


(The means of transportation to bring said snow out of the mountains and into Farmington.)



(Working on the snowman.)


(The finished snowman, with everyone that helped at some point or another.)


(The finished snowman with nobody around.)

This event has, apparently, been going on for AT LEAST 27 years, said one lady that was there. This was my first year doing this, and I loved it.

I went to work shortly afterwards, and when I said I helped build a snowman this morning, they all asked, "out of what?" or something similar. What would you build a snowman out of? If you say poo, it would be a pooman, or if you said rocks, it would be a rockman. Duh.

It took between one and two hours to get it up and finished. I have no idea how much time it took to drive up the mountains, grab the snow, drive back, and drop all the snow off. *update* They went up farmington canyon at 6 am, grabbed a bunch of snow, put it in a truck, and came back. It took a couple of hours. Thank you Zach, for the information.

It was fun. To see the larger album, go to the album on my Facebook page for the album.

Jealous?

~Koubo

1 comment:

  1. We left to get the snow at 6am, we were back in Farmington by 8:30, so we came back earlier than we thought we would.

    Thanks for coming!

    ReplyDelete