Saturday, July 18, 2009

Out with a bang...

It was my (second) last day in the deli department yesterday. I got a new job at ACS down in Salt Lake, and will be starting there tomorrow. I still work at bowmans; Randy (the meat department manager) really wants me to continue cleaning the department for as long as I can.

People were sad(?) to see me go, as is evident by this cake...


There was a little party, but it was almost stopped completely by a store-wide failure of cooling units. Walk-in coolers and cooled display cases in the dairy, meat department, and deli suddenly stopped working. All of us took our stuff out of the cases that we could and put them all in the freezer to save them. I took a picture of the deli case after we emptied it. I doubt anyone will ever see it that empty for a long time...


That is just all the ends in there, since we WERE still technically open when it happened. The stuff was only in the freezers for about half an hour, though. The cooling guy came and fixed everything. Still, it caused a decent commotion amongst the departments.

~Koubo

2 comments:

  1. Well, that sounds like an eventful party... Congrats on the new job! Is that Gurr on your cake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake! I don't even have to try to guess who made it.

    ReplyDelete