Thursday, July 2, 2009

Baaah!

Okay, okay. I changed my mind. Until I can get the other blog up and running (just needing a name for it), I will do reviews and thoughts on animes and games and such here. Todays is Hayate no Gotoku!! Well, I will introduce it to you all.

A quick rundown of what happened to him.

Christmas rolls around, and Hayate is trying to earn money so his family can have a good christmas. He is the one earning the money, since his parents are idiots, and refuse to work. He gets fired because his employer found out he was underage, and when he goes home, his parents left him a 158 million yen debt as a christmas present. Conveniently, the debt collectors come to get him, since the debt was obviously not paid, but Hayate escapes.

No money, and no house to go to, he tries to figure out what to do. Then he sees a girl, who obviously looks really rich, and decides to kidnap her and hold her ransom for the amount he was put in debt for. Before he could get to her, a couple of other men approach her and start to hit on her, and he leaps in to save her. She was grateful, and then wants to thank him somehow. He decides to ask her if he could kidnap her, but he says it totally wrong, and she takes it as him wanting to go out with her. She gives him her number so he can call her guardian, and he leaves to make a call about kidnapping her. But thanks to not being able to do it right, someone else kidnaps her and he ends up saving her again. The girl, who is named Sanzenin Nagi (in Japan, last names go first, remember?), decides to take him and make him her butler.

That is really the only thing that needs to be known for the rest to make any sense at all.

This is Hayate, and his master, Nagi.


(Hayate on the left, Nagi on the right)

And... Hayate in a maid outfit. It is becoming common knowledge among the characters in this anime that Hayate looks unnaturally good in girls clothes, so much so that he generally looks better than most girls would in the same clothes.


(Hayate is a boy. BOY.)

The episodes I watched just recently were about this girl, Katsura Hinagiku (most people call her Hina). She is my favorite character.



She is apparently in the same situation as Hayate. A large debt was forced on her and her sister by her parents. From what I gathered, however, they were able to pay most of it off due to her sister dealing in... questionable actions.


This is a clean anime, so get those dirty thoughts out of your head. I guess I could have used the word "dubious" like wikipedia.

Anyway, it is also her birthday in the latest episodes, so everyone gives her some presents, and Hayate, whom she has a crush on, forgets until the last minute that it was her birthday due to being cursed by a hina doll maker that liked to cross-dress. He comes to see her at the last minute and gives her some home-made cookies.

I recommend this show to everyone. I haven't seen an episode yet where I haven't laughed.

I am off to watch more anime. I may comment about the next episode, or I definitely will if I can start up the other blog by then.


~Koubo

4 comments:

  1. Hayate in maid outfit. You could have stopped there and it would have been fine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. An anime can't be called a true anime until one of the main characters ends up cross dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been so long since I have watched an anime, but this one sounds funny. What Bryson said about cross dressing is so true...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I need to get up there and watch more of this series sometime, among other things. ;)

    ReplyDelete